Sunday, October 12, 2008

U Can't Touch This!

So this past friday I went to a bar/lounge called Alphabet Lounge in you guessed it Alphabet City in the lower East Village.  I had checked this place out and it seemed pretty chill....then I got there haha.  I surprisingly got into the city in 20 minutes (shocking...I know) but drove in 30 minutes of traffic to get to the bar and another 45 minutes to find a place to park. BUT my friend Mike and I didn't let that get us down....we met up with friends from Rome that we hadn't seen in almost a year. When we got into the bar I literally laughed out loud because the place was about 30 feet long and 10 feet wide...aka tiny...and it was filled with Indians lol...but luckily it was '80s & '90s dance music night...so good times were to be had. 

I made friends with the bartender (Babu...hahaha) and we ended up drinking for free the whole night which was awesome. I busted a move to such classic greats as Bel Biv Devoe's Poison, Sir Mix-A-Lot's Baby Got Back and of course Will Smith's Gettin' Jiggy Wit it.

We ended the night with a slice from one of the many "Original Famous Ray's Pizza" which was 5 bucks....nuts!

All in all...I went to the city and spent $20!!!

Shit yea!

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to be the first person to leave a comment on your blog. Here's my comment.

    "I am the first."

    ReplyDelete